Vision & Mission
Gracious and Dynamic Global Citizens
Building Character,Nurturing Talents
Focus for 2012 and 2013
- Learning Experiences
- Provide opportunities for students to learn through
- Experiential Learning
- leveraging ICT to enhance concepts
- apply concepts and skills learnt in real world contexts to foster interest
- make connections, reason, communicate
- relate to other disciplines
- Mathematical Modelling
- Teachers to conscientiously practice the 3 phases of learning in the classroom – readiness to learn, engagement in learning, mastery in learning
- Use of Differentiated Instruction and Differentiated Assessment to meet the differentiated needs and abilities of pupils and to help pupils improve on their learning
The Sec 2 Express pupils participated in the Australian Mathematics Competition in August. 3 pupils achieved Distinction Award, 27 received Credit Award and 2 received Prudence Award.
5 Sec 3 Express pupils participated in the Cluster W6 Mathematics Learning Symposium and the team came in within the top 4 positions with their project on Mathematics Modelling
2 Professional Learning Community Learning Teams were formed, using the Lesson Studies Approach, to enhance teaching and learning.
The 2 projects are ‘Use of Algebraic Tiles in the Learning of Completing Squares Method’ and ‘Differentiated Instruction Approach in Teaching of Curved Surface Area of Cylinder’.